Human Resources Consultant
- - HR Consulting
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- 401k, paid vacation, insurance and more
Are you looking to join a growing company with a great culture? Human Capital Concepts (HCC) is seeking a talented individual to fulfill the role of Generalist/HR Consultant. HCC is a Human Resources company that delivers HR services through various platforms. The platforms include services delivered from a Certified Professional Employer Organization, an Administrative Services Only organization and Human Resources consulting. HCC provides HR, benefits, payroll, investment and other people services to our clients. Here is peek at what you get while working at HCC:
- Flexible work hours
- Family oriented culture
- A company philosophy that brings the human component to the workplace
- Casual atmosphere
- Challenging and dynamic work
- Multiple fun company outings
- Team oriented with a sense of autonomy
- Time off and funding provided for charity work
- Investment in certification training
- Nine paid holidays
- Cell phone allowance
- Health club or gym membership allowance
- 401(k) program with a match
- Excellent benefits program
- Potential for annual bonus
- The opportunity to assist multiple clients in various market segments
This position is located in our offices close to I-465 and North Meridian. HCC is excited to offer this opportunity to join our close-knit team working in a rewarding culture.
(full job description available upon request)
Job Title: Generalist/ HR Consultant
Reports To: President and VP's of HR Consultants
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Performs HR related duties and carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, unemployment reporting, training, on boarding, handbooks, recordkeeping, FMLA and OSHA tracking, benefits administration and explanation, administrative duties as assigned and tracking of clients and internal processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists VP's with handbooks, FMLA, unemployment and other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, client tracking for aforementioned items.
- Maintains employee documents to communicate between internal departments.
- Oversees clients that are assigned to them and are responsible for being their liaison through providing exceptional customer service.
- Works closely with the VP's of HR with their clients, including but not limited to onboarding, training and benefits administration.
- Handles employee relations' issues at assigned clients.
- Utilizes HRIS system to create internal spreadsheets to aid in tracking, etc.
- Creates handbook documents for clients.
- Training for clients.
- Working with EPLI when investigating employee / employer matters.
- Unemployment processing.
The HR consultant is responsible for a set of clients that they will have independent judgment over.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university; and two or more years of related experience and/or HR Certification/Designation.
Ability to use the various software programs necessary to communicate effectively in this position. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with HRIS systems and Gmail preferred.
Local travel may be required 25% of the time visiting with clients on an as needed basis. Other travel outside of the 5 counties in the greater Indianapolis area may be required about 5% of the time visiting with clients on an as needed basis. Travel to the other sites is generally required to assist with employee relations issues, trainings, or at the request of the client supervisor.